There are several reasons why American Airlines AAdvantage® miles earned could be missing from your AAdvantage Dining℠ account. The most common are:
- AAdvantage® miles can take up to five days to appear in your AAdvantage Dining℠ account and one to two weeks to appear in your AAdvantage® account.
- You did not use a credit or debit card linked to AAdvantage Dining℠ when you completed your transaction.
- If you're using your debit card, you didn’t swipe it like a credit card to earn AAdvantage® miles. If you used your PIN, the transaction goes directly to your bank and not the credit card companies that we’re linked with (Visa®, Mastercard®, Discover®, and American Express®). Like all reward programs, we can only track your qualified restaurant visits through credit card transactions, not bank transactions.
- You linked your credit or debit card and immediately tried to use it for AAdvantage Dining℠. Once you link your card, it usually takes about 24 hours to register in our system.
- You dined on a blackout day, when the restaurant is not offering rewards. (Consult the restaurant’s details page for more information.)
- You dined at a restaurant that left the AAdvantage Dining℠ program prior to the date you visited.
- The restaurant you visited changed their credit card process, and we were not able to connect your visit to the reward. Once we’re aware of this issue, we can correct the problem.
- If the restaurant visited is one of our national brands or franchises, the business may not have added that specific location to AAdvantage Dining℠.
Are you missing AAdvantage® miles? Fill out a missing reward form.